What Is Personal Care?
Personal care is defined as “hands-on” assistance with activities like bathing, grooming, dressing, and eating. In Georgia, providers of personal care are required to have CNA (certified nursing assistant) credentials, which includes training in taking vital signs, basic first aid and administering CPR. Full Heart Home Care offers ongoing personal care services, as well as temporary respite and post-hospitalization care.
Who Needs Personal Care?
With 87% of seniors preferring to remain in their own homes as they age, most will require personal care at some point in their life. For individuals that live alone, in-home personal care can mean the difference between remaining in the comfort of their own homes and having to transition into unfamiliar assisted living facilities. For live-in family caregivers, personal care services relieve some of the burden associated with caring for a loved one, which helps both the senior and caregiver live fuller lives.
Some of the Personal Care Services Full Heart Home Care provides are:
- Assistance with bathing and personal hygiene
- Grooming and dressing
- Assistance with toileting
- Incontinence care
- Transfers in and out of bed, wheelchair, car
- Help with feeding
- Basic hair, skin and oral care
- Range of motion and mobility assistance
- Unlimited access to our Family Room feature for complete visibility and open communication
- PLUS all personal care packages included Full Heart Concierge Services